Monday, April 9, 2012

3. Coloring with Markers

Here it is. The new attempt to color the design with markers. I traced the previous design on marker paper and started to color. I am not too familiar with the coloring techniques with copic markers. One is called to flick for instance. There is still a lot to learn, but I tried to get some input through some youtube videos. This one I found most fascinating. Also, if you are interested to start out with copic marker - you can sign up on


http://www.copicmarker.com/certification to get information about a copic marker class close by. I am willing to take the next class close to where I live. ;-) Just keep in mind - they are quite pricy.
My 3 year old son got to see the design and told me to add an BIG Elephant. Well, no room for a really big one, but a decent sized elephant was an option. The idea to incorporate my kids actual toys in the design came a little bit too late, but I'll try to do what I can. There is also the wood tow-truck in the bottom right of the design. It's a Fagus Truck and one of my sons favorite. ;-) He also wanted me to add his matchbox cars, ok one, ok two ...no...no more. He was disappointed. I am sorry.  
   
Thanks for reading. Gerda 
www.send2smiles.com  
http://www.facebook.com/Send2Smiles                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment