Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Children's Book Project

For quite a while I have been willing to create a children's book.  Since my little two boys are 1 and 3 years old now, I feel, that I should get it accomplished as long as they might be interested in such a book. I have no professional education to be an illustrator, and this is quite a journey for me. So far I have just been illustrating Greeting Cards and our German Cookbook "Goodbye Tüte" through a Print on Demand Service.  But that is probably the reason, why I am expecting to learn a lot through the process and I would like to share that with everyone who might be interested in it. I have the idea that a lot of people have the dream of certain projects but hesitate to get started . So I do hope, that it might inspire someone else to just get started. Even if  you have not figured it all out. ;-)
Well, I don't - just jumping into the cold tub. 
1. The story that I do have in mind is about an adventurous little toy plane. Obviously I won't tell the whole story, but for some reason it might be more a story for little boys. ;-).
So in the first picture here you see my first drawing. (I love watercolor picture books, but since I have the kids around I figured using a dry medium will be a saver choice.) I did the sketch on a 11x14 mixed Media pad and started the first coloring attempt with Prismacolor Colored pencils. I liked it but wasn't 100% sure, if I should continue with this medium. 
Thanks for reading! Gerda



1 comment:

  1. Gerda, your story sounds cute and your ark work is awesome! Good luck with your story. Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete